This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s new American Express Offer time!
Targeted cardholders are seeing a new offer on some of their accounts, offering a bonus of 15,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $750 or more with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts.
In order to be eligible for the offer, you must be targeted on one of your Amex cards — some TPG staffers have seen it for The Platinum Card® from American Express, for instance. If so, you’ll need to add the offer to your card and pay for your stay by October 10, 2018.
Nightly rates at Four Seasons properties around the world can get up there. So, if you’re planning a stay — especially an extended one — this minimum threshold might not be hard to meet. If you are able to successfully register and spend $750 or more, you’ll walk away with the bonus MR points. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, 15,000 Membership Rewards points are worth $285 — not a bad return.
According to the terms and conditions, the offer is only valid at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts in the US — all international properties are excluded. Eligible reservations must be made online or in person and excludes gift cards purchased online.
Keep in mind that many Four Seasons properties are also members of the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Meaning, there’s the potential to double-dip in terms of benefits. If the stay meets the minimum requirement for this Amex Offer, not only would you get the 15,000 bonus points, but you’d also get FHR benefits, such as room upgrades (when available), late checkout and free breakfast for two people.
Featured image courtesy of the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees