Targeted: Earn 13x Honors Points at Amazon With Hilton Amex Credit Cards
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For Discover it Cash Back card holders, the rotating 5% back at Amazon (up to $1,500; enrollment required; 1% cash back on all other purchases) comes at a great time: the holiday shopping season. For everyone else? They can revert to using one of the best cards for Amazon purchases like the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited and Citi® Double Cash Card.
If you hold one of Hilton’s cobranded American Express credit cards, however, it’s worth checking your inbox. Select users are receiving emailed invitations to sign up for a very generous bonus on Amazon purchases through Jan. 29, 2019. Each purchase earns the usual 3x Honors points plus an additional 10x, amounting to a whopping 13x on up to $500 in purchases. Based on TPG’s valuations, that equates to a 7.8% return on your spending at Amazon.
Even if you weren’t invited, you can try signing up at this link. If your card isn’t eligible, you’ll receive the notice above. As a relatively new holder of the Aspire, I found that my card wasn’t selected for inclusion.
If you’ve yet to pick up one of the Hilton cobranded Amex cards, now is a great time. The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which includes complimentary Diamond status and is currently offering a massive 150,000-point welcome bonus after you spend $4,000 in the first three months, took home two reader voted victories at the inaugural TPG Awards: best new/refreshed credit card and best hotel cobranded credit card.
Each additional point gets you closer to free stays at properties like the one pictured above — Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, which I reviewed earlier this year and absolutely loved. To learn even more on maximizing the Hilton Honors program, have a listen to our new Talking Points podcast below.
H/T: Points With a Crew
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.