Targeted: Earn 13x Honors Points at Amazon With Hilton Amex Credit Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For Discover it Cash Back card holders, the rotating 5% back at Amazon (up to $1,500; enrollment required; 1% cash back on all other purchases) comes at a great time: the holiday shopping season. For everyone else? They can revert to using one of the best cards for Amazon purchases like the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited and Citi® Double Cash Card.
If you hold one of Hilton’s cobranded American Express credit cards, however, it’s worth checking your inbox. Select users are receiving emailed invitations to sign up for a very generous bonus on Amazon purchases through Jan. 29, 2019. Each purchase earns the usual 3x Honors points plus an additional 10x, amounting to a whopping 13x on up to $500 in purchases. Based on TPG’s valuations, that equates to a 7.8% return on your spending at Amazon.
Even if you weren’t invited, you can try signing up at this link. If your card isn’t eligible, you’ll receive the notice above. As a relatively new holder of the Aspire, I found that my card wasn’t selected for inclusion.
If you’ve yet to pick up one of the Hilton cobranded Amex cards, now is a great time. The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, which includes complimentary Diamond status and is currently offering a massive 150,000-point welcome bonus after you spend $4,000 in the first three months, took home two reader voted victories at the inaugural TPG Awards: best new/refreshed credit card and best hotel cobranded credit card.
Each additional point gets you closer to free stays at properties like the one pictured above — Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa, which I reviewed earlier this year and absolutely loved. To learn even more on maximizing the Hilton Honors program, have a listen to our new Talking Points podcast below.
H/T: Points With a Crew
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees