This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, this is one way to have your family vacation cruise ruined.
Passengers on board a Royal Caribbean International Voyager of the Seas trip recently found themselves “sequestered in their rooms” to avoid 1,300 men who made themselves a little too comfortable. The group reportedly works for Kamla Pasand, a tobacco company based in India, and were heading to a conference, according to 9 News AU.
The group apparently brought burlesque dancers on board and harassed and filmed younger girls, as well. The ship even canceled bingo because the large group was more interested in the cabaret. They even brought “crates and crates” of their own food on board, while also taking over the buffet, pool bars and deck.
“Their doors would be open and you would walk past and be like what am I going to be looking at when I walk past this door?” said passenger Cassandra Riini. “It is hard to forget after seeing all the flashbacks of these men around all the time, 24 hours a day, like we could not escape. It was almost like a huge [bachelor party].”
Christine Wells, another passenger on the ship, had similar sentiments. She said, “It was crazy… little Playboy bunny outfits, you know this is a family boat.” Wells believes that Royal Caribbean should have given passengers a heads up that such a large group would be traveling with them.
The cruise line has reportedly issued full refunds to passengers.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees