1,300 Men Took Over a Cruise Ship and Turned It Into a ‘Bachelor Party’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, this is one way to have your family vacation cruise ruined.
Passengers on board a Royal Caribbean International Voyager of the Seas trip recently found themselves “sequestered in their rooms” to avoid 1,300 men who made themselves a little too comfortable. The group reportedly works for Kamla Pasand, a tobacco company based in India, and were heading to a conference, according to 9 News AU.
The group apparently brought burlesque dancers on board and harassed and filmed younger girls, as well. The ship even canceled bingo because the large group was more interested in the cabaret. They even brought “crates and crates” of their own food on board, while also taking over the buffet, pool bars and deck.
“Their doors would be open and you would walk past and be like what am I going to be looking at when I walk past this door?” said passenger Cassandra Riini. “It is hard to forget after seeing all the flashbacks of these men around all the time, 24 hours a day, like we could not escape. It was almost like a huge [bachelor party].”
Christine Wells, another passenger on the ship, had similar sentiments. She said, “It was crazy… little Playboy bunny outfits, you know this is a family boat.” Wells believes that Royal Caribbean should have given passengers a heads up that such a large group would be traveling with them.
The cruise line has reportedly issued full refunds to passengers.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.