This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you happened to be scrolling through the Internet yesterday, you probably noticed this weird shirt attached to a shirt that was popping up everywhere. You also may or may not have realized that said shirt will cost you a cool $1,290. We’re as confused as you are, but hey, Balenciaga can do whatever it wants.
That said, we can think of a few other ideas you should spend $1,300 on.
- A round-trip ticket from New York to San Francisco in JetBlue Mint ($1,197).
- A one-way ticket from Seoul to JFK in first class on Asiana ($1,300 in the form of 90,000 LifeMiles and $63 in taxes and fees).
- A round-trip ticket from New York to Los Angeles in United Polaris ($1,116).
- A night at the Retreat at the Blue Lagoon ($1,367).
- A round-trip ticket from New York to Miami in first class on American ($419) + 1 night at the W South Beach ($510) — with everything left over going to dinner at Joe’s Stone Crab.
- A one-way ticket on the weirdest (and possibly worst) business class in the world — Cubana on the Ilyushin 96 ($1,165).
- Two nights at the Beverly Hills Hotel ($745 per night).
- Two nights at the Ritz-Carlton Bali ($500+ per night).
- Two round-trip economy tickets to Athens on Emirates ($679 each).
- Three years of annual fees for the Chase Sapphire Reserve ($450 a year) or two years of annual fees for The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 a year) (See Rates & Fees)
- Rimowa’s Topas Aluminum 29” suitcase ($1,245).
- BLADE Bounce airport transfer ($1,325).
Then again, you could just get the shirt and justify it by putting the spend toward a new sign-up bonus, right?
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, please click here.
Featured photo courtesy Balenciaga
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards