Get 10x MR Points Through Ebates When Using Your $50 Amex Platinum Saks Credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last summer, American Express added a benefit to the Platinum Card® from American Express where card holders receive an up to $50 statement credit for Saks Fifth Avenue purchases for each half of the year. Enrollment required for select benefits.
While it has always been possible to combine this credit with the use of a shopping portal to earn extra points, miles or cash back on the purchase, an interesting option recently became available. American Express and Ebates now have a partnership allowing you to earn Amex Membership Rewards points by shopping through the Ebates portal. You need a Ebates account to earn MR points instead of cash back, and you can create one through this landing page.
Earn 10x MR Points on Saks Through Ebates
Currently, Ebates is offering 10% cash back on purchases from Saks Fifth Avenue. However, Ebates users who are signed up to earn Amex MR points instead of cash back will receive 10 MR points per dollar on Saks purchases through Ebates. According to cashbackmonitor.com‘s rate history, Ebates rates for Saks have occasionally climbed as high as 14% or even 15%, though 10% has been much more common.
According to Ebates’ website, points earned from Saks purchases should be credited to your Ebates account within one week and gift card purchases are excluded.
1,500 MR Points as an Ebates Sign-Up Bonus
What’s more, new Ebates users who sign up to earn MR points instead of cash back will receive a welcome bonus of 1,500 MR points after their first purchase of $25 or more within 90 days of signing up. This means that making a $50 purchase to use your Saks credit can get you the normal 50 MR points for the purchase, 500 MR points for making the purchase through the Ebates portal, and an additional 1,500 MR points from the Ebates sign-up bonus. That’s a total of 2,050 MR points, worth $41 according to TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards points.
Additionally, you can stack the Ebates portal bonuses with whatever offers Saks happens to have available. For example, you can currently get free shipping with the promo code FREESHIP.
If you want to sign up for Saks’ emails, you can also get an email coupon for 10% off your order, though it could take up to 24 hours for the coupon to arrive and it’s only valid for items shipped directly by Saks. In my test, it took 3 or 4 hours for the email with the coupon code to arrive.
Using the Ebates/Amex partnership can be a great way to get maximum value out of your biannual $50 Saks credit from the Amex Platinum. Just remember to register for the Saks credit in your Amex account before making your purchase. For details on how to register for and earn Amex MR points through Ebates, check out TPG’s article on the Ebates/Amex partnership.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees