This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
IHG is currently offering a promotion where you can earn 10,000 bonus points when staying at nine new properties and nine featured properties. TPG’s latest valuation pegs the value of these points at $60, but you might value this bonus even higher since 10k points are enough for two nights at a 5,000-point PointsBreaks property or one night at a Category 1 property.
This promotion is pretty straightforward. There aren’t any terms or conditions, but here are the details:
- Book the 10,000 Bonus Points rate and stay two or more nights at an eligible property to get 10,000 IHG points.
- The promotion doesn’t list a maximum number of points that can be earned.
- Stays must be booked by Dec. 31, 2018. The stay must be completed by Jan. 31, 2019.
- Rooms booked under the 10,000 Bonus Points rate usually offer free cancellation until one day before check-in.
- Click through from the promotion page at this link, as otherwise the promotional rate will not show up and you won’t receive the bonus points. You may need to logout of your IHG account to see the eligible properties, but you can login once you click through to a particular property.
The following 18 properties are eligible:
- California: Holiday Inn Windsor – Wine Country
- Colorado: Staybridge Suites Denver Downtown
- Delaware: Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach
- Florida: Hotel Indigo Sarasota
- North Carolina: Holiday Inn & Suites Arden- Asheville Airport
- Oklahoma: Avid Oklahoma City – Quail Springs
- Maryland: Crowne Plaza Baltimore
- Massachusetts: Holiday Inn Boston Logan Airport – Chelsea
- Minnesota: InterContinental Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport
- New York: Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
- Pennsylvania: Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh – Technology Center
- Tennessee: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Memphis Airport – Elvis Presley Blvd
- Texas: Holiday Inn & Suites Shenandoah
- Texas: Staybridge Suites Houston – Humble Beltway 8 E
- Washington: Crowne Plaza Seattle–Downtown
- Washington, DC: InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf
- Canada: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kelowna East
- Mexico: Crowne Plaza Puebla
Although the promotion is for stays of two or more nights, some properties may require longer stays. This requirement isn’t stated, but I could only find the 10,000 Bonus Points rate for stays of three nights or longer at InterContinental Hotels like the Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport. And, the rates for the 10,000 Bonus Points rate are generally much higher than other refundable rates.
Likewise, I only found the 10,000 Bonus Points rate for stays of three nights or longer at Avid Oklahoma City – Quail Springs. The 10,000 Bonus Points rate wasn’t competitive here either.
This promotion has the potential to provide excellent value. But, I didn’t find any properties offering the 10,000 Bonus Points rate for stays of two nights. And for the properties where I found the rate offered on three-night stays, it wasn’t competitive.
I’d still recommend searching your travel dates if you’re planning to visit any of the cities with eligible properties before Jan. 31. But, I don’t expect this promotion will provide value unless someone else is paying for your hotel stay and you don’t mind making them pay a higher rate. If you do book a room through this promotion, use your IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card to earn 10 IHG points per dollar spent or your Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image courtesy of Hotel Indigo Sarasota.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees