Earn 10,000 Bonus Points at New and Featured IHG Properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
IHG is currently offering a promotion where you can earn 10,000 bonus points when staying at nine new properties and nine featured properties. TPG’s latest valuation pegs the value of these points at $60, but you might value this bonus even higher since 10k points are enough for two nights at a 5,000-point PointsBreaks property or one night at a Category 1 property.
This promotion is pretty straightforward. There aren’t any terms or conditions, but here are the details:
- Book the 10,000 Bonus Points rate and stay two or more nights at an eligible property to get 10,000 IHG points.
- The promotion doesn’t list a maximum number of points that can be earned.
- Stays must be booked by Dec. 31, 2018. The stay must be completed by Jan. 31, 2019.
- Rooms booked under the 10,000 Bonus Points rate usually offer free cancellation until one day before check-in.
- Click through from the promotion page at this link, as otherwise the promotional rate will not show up and you won’t receive the bonus points. You may need to logout of your IHG account to see the eligible properties, but you can login once you click through to a particular property.
The following 18 properties are eligible:
- California: Holiday Inn Windsor – Wine Country
- Colorado: Staybridge Suites Denver Downtown
- Delaware: Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach
- Florida: Hotel Indigo Sarasota
- North Carolina: Holiday Inn & Suites Arden- Asheville Airport
- Oklahoma: Avid Oklahoma City – Quail Springs
- Maryland: Crowne Plaza Baltimore
- Massachusetts: Holiday Inn Boston Logan Airport – Chelsea
- Minnesota: InterContinental Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport
- New York: Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
- Pennsylvania: Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh – Technology Center
- Tennessee: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Memphis Airport – Elvis Presley Blvd
- Texas: Holiday Inn & Suites Shenandoah
- Texas: Staybridge Suites Houston – Humble Beltway 8 E
- Washington: Crowne Plaza Seattle–Downtown
- Washington, DC: InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf
- Canada: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kelowna East
- Mexico: Crowne Plaza Puebla
Although the promotion is for stays of two or more nights, some properties may require longer stays. This requirement isn’t stated, but I could only find the 10,000 Bonus Points rate for stays of three nights or longer at InterContinental Hotels like the Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport. And, the rates for the 10,000 Bonus Points rate are generally much higher than other refundable rates.
Likewise, I only found the 10,000 Bonus Points rate for stays of three nights or longer at Avid Oklahoma City – Quail Springs. The 10,000 Bonus Points rate wasn’t competitive here either.
This promotion has the potential to provide excellent value. But, I didn’t find any properties offering the 10,000 Bonus Points rate for stays of two nights. And for the properties where I found the rate offered on three-night stays, it wasn’t competitive.
I’d still recommend searching your travel dates if you’re planning to visit any of the cities with eligible properties before Jan. 31. But, I don’t expect this promotion will provide value unless someone else is paying for your hotel stay and you don’t mind making them pay a higher rate. If you do book a room through this promotion, use your IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card to earn 10 IHG points per dollar spent or your Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image courtesy of Hotel Indigo Sarasota.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee