This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many of us don’t need an extra incentive to begin our online retail adventure at a loyalty program shopping portal. I racked up nearly 10,000 United miles on a recent MacBook purchase, for example, in addition to the points (and progress toward minimum spend) I earned when paying with a rewards credit card. Still, a chance to win 100,000 extra miles plus a $2,500 cash bonus certainly doesn’t hurt.
For the next few weeks, that’s what you can look forward to over at United’s MileagePlus Shopping. Monday, August 27, through midnight ET on September 14, 2018, you’ll be entered to win that grand prize above, or three first prizes of 20,000 miles each.
You’ll earn entries as follows:
- 1 entry: Register for the sweepstakes.
- 100 entries: Install the MileagePlus Shopping browser extension.
- 100 entries: Opt in to marketing emails.
- 50 entries: Spend $50 with eligible merchants; earn up to 2x per day.
Keep in mind that you may be eligible for elevated earnings throughout the sweepstakes period as well, so be sure to check in to see what you’ll earn on any given day. And happy shopping!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards