Targeted: 100,000 Point Amex Business Platinum Welcome Bonus Available via Referral
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Since American Express only lets you earn the bonus on each of its credit cards once per lifetime, it’s important to time your applications carefully and apply when the bonus is at its highest. We’ve seen 100,000-point welcome offers on several flavors of the The Platinum Card® from American Express in the past. However, it’s currently possible to receive a 100,000-point welcome offer on The Business Platinum Card® from American Express via referral.
This is a limited-time offer that is only available until September 25, 2019, and the bonus is split into two tiers. Under this offer new applicants will receive 50,000 Membership Rewards points after spending $10,000 in the first three months, and an additional 50,000 points after spending an additional $15,000 (or $25,000 total) in the first 3 months. Meanwhile, the referrer will receive 20,000 Membership Rewards points.
Based on TPG’s valuation of Membership Rewards points at 2 cents each, this welcome offer is worth an incredible $2,000 if you’re able to max out both tiers. Of course $25,000 is a lot of money to spend in three months, but for large, established businesses, or those with high expenses for inventory, suppliers, etc, this offer is well within reach. If you don’t think you can spend this much you could also consider applying for the public offer for the Business Platinum which offers up to 75,000 Membership Rewards points, 50,000 after spending $10,000 and an additional 25,000 after spending $20,000 total in the first 3 months.
The Business Platinum card is now one of the most expensive publicly available credit cards with an annual fee of $595 (see rates and fees) that’s mostly offset by a $200 annual airline incidental fee credit and a $200 annual Dell technology statement credit ($100 every six months). The card also comes with all the standard perks of the Platinum family, including access to Amex Centurion lounges, automatic Marriott and Hilton Gold elite status, and 5x points on airfare and prepaid hotels booked through amextravel.com. The Business Platinum is also unique in that it offers a 35% pay-with-points rebate, eligible on all premium cabin flights and economy flights with your selected airline. You need to have the full number of points in your account to use this benefit, but this raises your effective redemption value to ~1.54 cents per point.
For more on The Business Platinum Card, please see:
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum card, please click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees