Use these Amex Offers to save up to $100 on your next Delta flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express has sent out another round of targeted Amex Offers for Delta Air Lines frequent flyers.
This time, there are two Amex Offers. One provides $75 off $200 or more in spending with Delta and one offers $100 off $350 or more in Delta purchases. Some American Express cardmembers with more than one card may see both offers on different cards.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The author found the $100 off $350 deal on his American Express® Business Gold Card, but you may find it on other cards. The offer applies to all Delta flight purchases made directly with the airline, provided the charge is at least $350 before the Amex Offer. All flights must originate in the U.S. in order to be eligible for the offer.
Meanwhile, many TPG staffers found an offer for $75 off $200 in spending with Delta Air Lines on The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express® Gold Card. This offer has nearly identical terms to the $100 off $350 offer, though the spend requirement and discount are smaller.
Here’s a closer look at the terms of the Amex Offer:
- Your Delta flight(s) must be booked directly through delta.com, the Fly Delta app or U.S. reservation telephone line.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories, and purchases must be made in U.S. dollars to qualify.
- Valid only for purchases where Delta Air Lines is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees, baggage fees, standby fees, and Delta Sky Club® memberships.
- Not valid on in-flight purchases, Delta Vacations, gift cards and other Delta affiliates.
- Enrollment is required before you book your ticket.
- You must book your ticket by Sept. 30, 2022, but the flight(s) can be for after that date.
Keep in mind that when you book flights with the Amex Platinum, you earn 5 points per dollar for your flights (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Further, the Amex Platinum offers Delta Sky Club access to the primary cardholder when flying on a Delta-operated flight, so make sure to stop by for a refreshment before your trip.
For frequent Delta travelers, these offers are essentially a cash rebate. Check your Amex offers to see if your account has been targeted.
Featured photo by DANIEL SLIM/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees