This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planning to book a stay at IHG’s Crowne Plaza brand? For a limited time, American’s AAdvantage eShopping portal is offering 10 miles for every dollar spent on eligible reservations. Best yet, you’ll be booking directly through IHG in order to qualify, which means you’re eligible to earn points, elite credit and more.
As with any portal purchases, it’s important to note the terms and conditions — if you’re making a reservation using coupons or discount codes not listed on the site, or book an ineligible rate, you might not receive bonus miles:
“Not eligible until reservations have been fulfilled. Specialty rates such as corporate, negotiated rates, and IHG Friends & Family are not eligible for Cash Back. Rooms booked and paid for by IHG reward Club Points are not eligible. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.”
Note that you may be able to pair this with credit card offers, such as those currently available through American Express:
AAdvantage eShopping is also offering 5 miles per dollar spent at other IHG properties — if you’re booking a stay at Crowne Plaza, though, be sure to click through that option before making a reservation.
Featured image of the Crowne Plaza Vientiane by Eric Rosen.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees