This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planning to book a stay at IHG’s Crowne Plaza brand? For a limited time, American’s AAdvantage eShopping portal is offering 10 miles for every dollar spent on eligible reservations. Best yet, you’ll be booking directly through IHG in order to qualify, which means you’re eligible to earn points, elite credit and more.
As with any portal purchases, it’s important to note the terms and conditions — if you’re making a reservation using coupons or discount codes not listed on the site, or book an ineligible rate, you might not receive bonus miles:
“Not eligible until reservations have been fulfilled. Specialty rates such as corporate, negotiated rates, and IHG Friends & Family are not eligible for Cash Back. Rooms booked and paid for by IHG reward Club Points are not eligible. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.”
Note that you may be able to pair this with credit card offers, such as those currently available through American Express:
AAdvantage eShopping is also offering 5 miles per dollar spent at other IHG properties — if you’re booking a stay at Crowne Plaza, though, be sure to click through that option before making a reservation.
Featured image of the Crowne Plaza Vientiane by Eric Rosen.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards