This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is offering bonus AAdvantage miles for IHG reservations when booked through its shopping portal.
The AAdvantage shopping portal is offering 10 miles per dollar spent with IHG. Typically, AA offers 3 miles per dollar spent with IHG. So, you’re earning an additional 7 miles per dollar when you’re booking an IHG stay.
The value to be had from this limited-time offer could be great, especially if you’ve already been planning to book stays with IHG. For example, if you book a five-night stay at an IHG property this summer for a total of $2,330, you’d walk away with a total of 23,300 bonus AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those 23,300 AA miles are worth a total of $326.
Not only will you be earning bonus AA miles with this limited-time promotion, but because airline shopping portals redirect you to the direct site, you’ll also get IHG elite benefits — points and elite qualifying nights.
At this point, it’s unclear how long this elevated offer will be around. While a 15% savings on beach getaways through the AAdvantage shopping portal is valid through July 31, 2018, it’s very possible that this elevated earning offer could expire before that date.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be booking an IHG stay, be sure to do it through the AA shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Featured image by InterContinental David Tel Aviv.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards