This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is offering bonus AAdvantage miles for IHG reservations when booked through its shopping portal.
The AAdvantage shopping portal is offering 10 miles per dollar spent with IHG. Typically, AA offers 3 miles per dollar spent with IHG. So, you’re earning an additional 7 miles per dollar when you’re booking an IHG stay.
The value to be had from this limited-time offer could be great, especially if you’ve already been planning to book stays with IHG. For example, if you book a five-night stay at an IHG property this summer for a total of $2,330, you’d walk away with a total of 23,300 bonus AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those 23,300 AA miles are worth a total of $326.
Not only will you be earning bonus AA miles with this limited-time promotion, but because airline shopping portals redirect you to the direct site, you’ll also get IHG elite benefits — points and elite qualifying nights.
At this point, it’s unclear how long this elevated offer will be around. While a 15% savings on beach getaways through the AAdvantage shopping portal is valid through July 31, 2018, it’s very possible that this elevated earning offer could expire before that date.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be booking an IHG stay, be sure to do it through the AA shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Featured image by InterContinental David Tel Aviv.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees