This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is offering bonus AAdvantage miles for IHG reservations when booked through its shopping portal.
The AAdvantage shopping portal is offering 10 miles per dollar spent with IHG. Typically, AA offers 3 miles per dollar spent with IHG. So, you’re earning an additional 7 miles per dollar when you’re booking an IHG stay.
The value to be had from this limited-time offer could be great, especially if you’ve already been planning to book stays with IHG. For example, if you book a five-night stay at an IHG property this summer for a total of $2,330, you’d walk away with a total of 23,300 bonus AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, those 23,300 AA miles are worth a total of $326.
Not only will you be earning bonus AA miles with this limited-time promotion, but because airline shopping portals redirect you to the direct site, you’ll also get IHG elite benefits — points and elite qualifying nights.
At this point, it’s unclear how long this elevated offer will be around. While a 15% savings on beach getaways through the AAdvantage shopping portal is valid through July 31, 2018, it’s very possible that this elevated earning offer could expire before that date.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus miles with an airline to put you on your way to your next award. If you know you’ll be booking an IHG stay, be sure to do it through the AA shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Featured image by InterContinental David Tel Aviv.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees