This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Around Thanksgiving, Amex, Chase and Citi each offered targeted customers deals on Amazon purchases when they paid at least partially with points. Citi offered targeted customers either $15 off $60 or $15 off $100 on Amazon purchases when customers used at least one Citi ThankYou Rewards point. This deal disappeared in late November, but now it’s back for some — including customers who previously took advantage of the deal at Thanksgiving.
Only products sold by Amazon.com are eligible; Amazon gift cards and digital content are explicitly excluded. If you don’t have any specific purchases in mind, consider buying gift cards such as:
This promotion will end on 11:59pm PST on Feb. 28, 2019, or once 40,733 offers have been redeemed, or when Amazon elects to end the promotion (heh). Here’s how to take advantage of the promotion:
- Link your Citi ThankYou account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already done so. Note that if your Citi card isn’t already linked, it can take up to 24 hours before you are able to utilize the promotional discount.
- Go to the promotion page and click to activate the promotion.
- Add $100 or more worth of items sold by Amazon to your shopping cart.
- At checkout, select your linked Citi ThankYou card as your payment method.
- Select the number of ThankYou Points you want to use for the purchase. We suggest using just 1 ThankYou Point, as this isn’t the best value use of your Citi ThankYou points.
If you’re also targeted for Citi’s $30 statement credit promotion, this Amazon purchase could count as one of the three required purchases to get the statement credit as long as the charge on your Citi card is for $30 or more.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Jeramey Lende / Shutterstock.com.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards