This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is offering Guest Rewards members a chance to earn a free trip this summer by taking three round-trips this winter.
Amtrak Guest Rewards members can earn this free round-trip this summer by taking three round-trips on either the Acela or Northeast Regional between Jan. 2 and Feb. 28, 2019. Again, this is for Amtrak Guest Rewards members only, but non-members can register now and automatically qualify for the 1-2-3 Free Promotion.
You can also earn a free trip by taking six qualifying one-way trips with Amtrak. The fine print, though, is that there is a minimum spend of $89 per one-way segment for Acela trips and $49 for the Northeast Regional. Additionally, the promotion is limited to two qualifying one-way segments per day and one qualifying segment per train number per day, and travel with a monthly pass or using multi-ride tickets doesn’t count toward this promotion.
A maximum of four free trip coupons can be earned and redeemed for the Acela Business Class or the Regional Coach class, but must be redeemed between July 2 and Aug. 29, 2019. Members with Select Executive status can redeem their coupons for First Class on the Acela or Business Class on the Northeast Regional.
When booking your tickets to take advantage of this promotion, be sure to do so with a credit card that will maximize your return. For example, the Chase Sapphire Reserve will earn you 3x points on the travel purchase, while the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card will earn you 2x points per dollar spent.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards