Why Mommy Points?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In my spare time (what exactly is spare time??) I LOVE reading blogs. I love the peek into another person’s world. It’s kind of like going for a walk around your neighborhood just as the day is turning into night and peering inside the windows of all the other houses as you stroll by. You don’t get to see the full happenings of their world, but you see a snipit. That snipit may remind you of what happens in your own house, may inspire you to do what they are doing, may make you laugh at the absurdity of what you see, or may just be something you stare blankly at as you continue on your journey. Regardless, it is still interesting and I love to look……or in the case of the internet, read, about other’s lives and journeys. My two favorite blog topics to read are about being a mom to a young kiddo and traveling. Specifically, traveling without spending a dime by using points and miles. In my blog travels around the internet I haven’t found a blog that brings these two topics together.
Most of the blogs about being a mommy or having young children stay pretty focused on topics such as funny/cute things their kiddos did, the daily stressors of being a mom, products that are super helpful to have, clothes their kiddos wears, etc….. The travel blogs that focus on points and miles seem to be geared for middle aged men who travel a fair amount for business, have the time and money do to things such as mileage runs (I’ll explain later), order gold coins to gain extra points (way too complicated for me), etc…… In my less busy years I might have been all over some of those get points quick schemes, but in my mommy years I have less expendable cash, less spare time, and a greater need than ever for an affordable way to travel.
I talk to anyone who will listen, and even some who won’t, about easy ways to earn points and miles for things you do every day and then turn around and use them for free or reduced cost vacations. People are shocked on a regular basis at how my family is able to do what we do and go where we go just be being strategic about what credit cards we use, what promos we register for, and where we shop. I also talk to anyone who will listen about my rock star, adorable, beautiful, fantastic, mischievous, humorous, smarter-than-my-own-good 16 month old. I even talk to her about points – yes, I am crazy. My hope is that you can learn from my crazy and help your family do more and travel even farther just by making some small adjustments to the things you already do and buy everyday. You’ll probably get some small snippits into our crazy, points filled, toddler driven life along the way. Welcome!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.