Why Mommy Points?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In my spare time (what exactly is spare time??) I LOVE reading blogs. I love the peek into another person’s world. It’s kind of like going for a walk around your neighborhood just as the day is turning into night and peering inside the windows of all the other houses as you stroll by. You don’t get to see the full happenings of their world, but you see a snipit. That snipit may remind you of what happens in your own house, may inspire you to do what they are doing, may make you laugh at the absurdity of what you see, or may just be something you stare blankly at as you continue on your journey. Regardless, it is still interesting and I love to look……or in the case of the internet, read, about other’s lives and journeys. My two favorite blog topics to read are about being a mom to a young kiddo and traveling. Specifically, traveling without spending a dime by using points and miles. In my blog travels around the internet I haven’t found a blog that brings these two topics together.
Most of the blogs about being a mommy or having young children stay pretty focused on topics such as funny/cute things their kiddos did, the daily stressors of being a mom, products that are super helpful to have, clothes their kiddos wears, etc….. The travel blogs that focus on points and miles seem to be geared for middle aged men who travel a fair amount for business, have the time and money do to things such as mileage runs (I’ll explain later), order gold coins to gain extra points (way too complicated for me), etc…… In my less busy years I might have been all over some of those get points quick schemes, but in my mommy years I have less expendable cash, less spare time, and a greater need than ever for an affordable way to travel.
I talk to anyone who will listen, and even some who won’t, about easy ways to earn points and miles for things you do every day and then turn around and use them for free or reduced cost vacations. People are shocked on a regular basis at how my family is able to do what we do and go where we go just be being strategic about what credit cards we use, what promos we register for, and where we shop. I also talk to anyone who will listen about my rock star, adorable, beautiful, fantastic, mischievous, humorous, smarter-than-my-own-good 16 month old. I even talk to her about points – yes, I am crazy. My hope is that you can learn from my crazy and help your family do more and travel even farther just by making some small adjustments to the things you already do and buy everyday. You’ll probably get some small snippits into our crazy, points filled, toddler driven life along the way. Welcome!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees