This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day is drawing near, but there’s no need to panic over what you’re getting your significant other. We’ve compiled a selection of quick, easy and even outright lavish gifts so you can surprise your loved one with an unforgettable token of your affection. From stylish luggage to a pair of first class flights, these travel-inspired Valentine’s Day gifts are perfect for the frequent flyer in your life.
Away recently launched its Alchemy luggage collection, and the color combinations (rose gold; steel) are perfect for a subtle matching luggage moment with your favorite travel partner. Don matching TPG hats or T-shirts to complete the look.
Buy: Away.com, from $475
If things are getting serious between you two, adding your Valentine as an authorized user can help them enjoy some of your favorite travel perks, even when you can’t be together. If you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, for example, he or she will no longer have to sit at the gate when traveling solo. Believe us, they’ll be thinking of you while enjoying a complimentary neck massage or sampling a flight of wine in a Centurion Lounge.
What’s more romantic than sleeping side-by-side in a lie-flat bed over 30,000 feet in the air? Almost nothing. Whether your partner is an AvGeek or not, flying in a product like Qatar’s Qsuite is bound to be an exciting and unforgettable experience. But if your partner is an AvGeek, multiply that excitement by at least 1,000.
If your partner is searching for comfortable travel shoes, consider surprising him or her with a pair of Allbirds. They’re known for being versatile, low-profile and insanely comfortable — and many TPG team members can confirm that. Plus, they come in a number of sophisticated shades, like matcha, berry jam and graphite.
Buy: Allbirds.com, $95
If you’re sick of breezing through TSA PreCheck and still having to wait for your partner to pass through the regular security line, consider giving the gift of efficiency this Valentine’s Day. Consider using statement credits to pay for their Global Entry or TSA PreCheck applications or, if you’re down to splurge, indulge your favorite traveler with CLEAR. It generally costs $179 for the year.
BÉIS, a brand recently started by actress Shay Mitchell, sells products designed specifically for jetsetters. The brand’s affordable Weekender bag — not quite a duffle, not quite a purse — is casual enough to use as a carry-on but easily transitions for a business meeting or dinner. The bag has a flat bottom designed for shoes, toiletries and other essentials, and there’s a pocket that serves as a trolley sleeve, so it will slide right over your luggage handle.
Buy: BeisTravel.com, $78
Date nights are fine, but dinner and a movie on the ground hardly compares to, well, dinner and a movie on international first class. This Valentine’s Day, jet off for a romantic weekend and fly Lufthansa first class together. Nibble on caviar, and clink glasses full of Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle Champagne. It’s what you both deserve.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees