How to Get up to $35 in Uber Credits This Month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just in time for the holidays, stock your Uber account with up to $35 in credits. The Platinum Card® from American Express comes with up to $200 in annual Uber credits — and you’ll get the largest share of that sum during the month of December.
Amex breaks the annual Uber credits down by month. For January through November, you’ll get $15 in monthly Uber credits. However, at the end of the year in December, card holders get more than double that amount to use on rides throughout the month. The credits won’t roll over into January, so be sure to use the $35 before Dec. 31, 2018.
If you’re new to the Platinum Card, be sure to register the card in your Uber app in order to take advantage of the $200 in annual credits. In addition, if you’re looking to use part (or all) of your credits on a ride, be sure your credits are selected before requesting a ride.
The annual Uber credits are just one of the many benefits of the Platinum Card. The card currently comes with a welcome bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $5,000 in the first three months. You’ll earn 5x Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, as well as on eligible hotels booked through Amex Travel. In addition, you’ll get up to $200 in annual airline fee credits, a credit for Global Entry, Centurion Lounge access and much more.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees