The Best Websites for Searching Star Alliance Award Availability
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The largest barrier to maximizing your points and miles is typically the hurdle of finding award availability. There are two solutions to overcoming this problem: paying an award booking service to deal with it for you or putting significant effort into understanding tools and patterns of award availability. For the latter of the two, it’s critical to know which website(s) will provide the best results when you’re searching for these seats, so today, I’ll cover the best award search tools for Star Alliance flights.
If you’re looking for the best websites for either SkyTeam or Oneworld, be sure to check out the other two guides in this series:
- The Best Websites for Searching SkyTeam Award Availability
- The Best Websites for Searching Oneworld Award Availability
Star Alliance Basics
The collection of airlines in Star Alliance is widespread, from well-known US airlines (United) and European carriers (Lufthansa) to highly-regarding Asian airlines (Singapore). In all, the alliance currently has 28 members, the highest number among the three large groups. Understanding how to earn and collect miles across partner airlines can be difficult if you’re new to points and miles, as you need to learn the basics of these relationships and understand the process of booking partner award flights. However, it all starts with finding award seat availability.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel