You can earn a ton of bonus miles on Samsung purchases today — including the new Galaxy S20
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been eyeing Samsung’s shiny new Galaxy S20 smartphone (or any Samsung device, for that matter)) today’s a great day to bite the bullet on that purchase. We’re seeing awesome, elevated offers across a handful of shopping portals — meaning your purchase can net you some bonus miles on the airline of your choice.
Online shopping portals are one of the easiest yet underrated ways to earn bonus miles on your online purchases, and if you don’t already take advantage of them, you should start doing so immediately.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter
As far as Samsung goes, here’s what you can earn today:
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping: 4x points, usually 1x
- American AAdvantage eShopping: 8x miles, usually 2x
- Delta SkyMiles Shopping: 6x miles, usually 1x
- United MileagePlus Shopping: 9x miles, usually 1x
You should always compare the top earning rates for various retailers before making a big purchase, though how you value your miles will influence which offer makes the most sense for you.
You can generally expect to pay about $1,000 for the base S20, $1,200 for the S20+ and $1,400 for the base S20 Ultra. To put that into context, let’s say you purchased a $1,000 phone via United’s shopping portal for a whopping 9x MileagePlus miles per dollar. That purchase would net you 9,000 miles — and while those miles on their own may not get you very far, they will put you significantly closer to a solid award redemption.
Of course, these bonus miles don’t just apply to the new Galaxy S20 phone. As long as you purchase a Samsung product through one of these shopping portals, you’ll earn the bonus miles.
Whenever you make a large electronic purchase, be sure to use a credit card with purchase protection and extended warranty benefits. Benefits vary from card to card, but you may have success getting compensated if your product gets damaged or destroyed during the coverage period. Multiple TPG staffers, for example, have had success getting Apple products covered by policies included with a premium credit card.
If you’re picking up a pricey new cellphone, it’s also a good time to ensure your monthly bill is paid with a card that will help protect your phone in the event of loss or damage beyond those initial few months when purchase protection is in play.
Featured image by Michael Short/Bloomberg via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees