This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Starwood Preferred Guest® Luxury Credit Card from American Express
Founded in 1992, Priority Pass is the world’s largest airport lounge network, comprising over 1,200 lounges at 629 airports in 140 countries. Many of those are located outside the US: There are currently 34 domestic Priority Pass lounges, three of which can be found at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The program recently started adding restaurants to the network, and there are now nearly 30 airport dining destinations where you can use Priority Pass and receive a credit toward your meal (usually $28-30 per person, not including gratuity). Two of those restaurants are located at LAX as well.
LAX: A Quick Overview
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the second busiest US airport and the fifth busiest in the world, serving nearly 85 million passengers in 2017. LAX is a hub for four US legacy carriers (American, Delta, United and Alaska), and is also focus city for airlines such as Southwest, Spirit, Allegiant, Qantas, Air New Zealand and the Norwegian Air Shuttle.
Priority Pass Membership as a Credit Card Benefit
A Priority Pass Select membership is included with the following premium credit cards, although enrollment is required:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Business Platinum® Card from American Express ($550 (See Rates & Fees) and $595 annual fee (See Rates & Fees), respectively): access for both primary card holders and authorized users, along with two guests. Authorized users cost $175 annually for the personal card (See Rates & Fees), $300 for the business version (See Rates & Fees).
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Membership is included for both card holders and authorized users, along with two guests ($450 annually for the card holder, $75 for the authorized user).
- Citi Prestige: Membership covers both card holders ($450 annual fee) and authorized users ($50 annual fee) for your immediate family (your spouse, children or domestic partner) or up to two guests. (Card not currently open for new applications)
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card: Card holders and authorized users both get Priority Pass Select; the annual fee is $450, and the primary card holder may add authorized users for free. (Card no longer available for new applicants)
- Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card: For an annual fee of $450 (See Rates & Fees), card holders receive lounge access for themselves and two guests.
LAX Terminal 1
Location: Airside, on the second level opposite Gate 11B
Hours: Open daily from 4 am to 10 pm
Credit: $28 per person, not including gratuity
Menu: American comfort food such as wings, burgers, tacos and chili; beverages include craft cocktails and a rotating selection of 24 brews
LAX Terminal 2
Location: Airside on Level 4, above the departure gates
Hours: Priority Pass guests are only admitted between 5 am and 10:30 am for a maximum three-hour stay
Amenities: Wi-Fi; continental breakfast items; beer and wine
Access: The lounge closes at 12:30 pm and reopens later in the day for Virgin Atlantic Upper Class passengers, but Priority Pass holders are not admitted.
LAX Terminal 6
Location: Airside, on the Mezzanine Level near Gate 64
Hours: 4:30 am to 11 pm daily
Amenities: Wi-Fi; telephone and fax; self-service snacks; non-premium alcohol
Access: Priority Pass holders and two guests may enter three hours prior to flight departure; all guests must show a valid boarding pass, and the card holder’s name must match the name on the pass. Card holders must show a physical or digital membership card as well, and alcoholic drinks are limited to three per adult.
Tom Bradley International Terminal
Location: Airside, on the 5th floor overlooking departure gates (take the elevator to the left of the Duty Free store)
Hours: Opening periods fluctuate according to the Korean Air international flight schedule, but Priority Pass guests are only admitted between noon and
Wi-Fi; showers; self-service snacks; wine and liquor.
Access: Priority Pass holders are limited to two guests, and access may be restricted during peak times.
Location: Airside, on the Mezzanine Level
Hours: 11 am to 11 pm daily
Credit: $30 per person, not including gratuity
Menu: An innovative range of Asian-inspired fusion dishes
Access: Card holders are restricted to two guests. They must present their Priority Pass card, along with a same-day boarding pass for an international flight.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the SPG Luxury Card, please click here.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees