How you can help keep the National Parks beautiful on Sept. 28
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a good chance your future travel plans involve one of this country’s many gorgeous National Parks — especially now that American Airlines is offering new routes that makes these parks even more accessible.
In the meantime, you can visit all 112 fee-charging National Parks across the US for free on Saturday, Sept. 28 to celebrate the 26th anniversary of National Public Lands Day.
To show the public lands the love they deserve, the National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is leading a nationwide service day with over 100,000 volunteers expected to join in trail maintenance projects, park and river clean ups, tree planting activities, invasive species removal projects, as well as hikes and other fun activities throughout the parks.
To see how you can get involved at a park near you, check our this interactive map on the NEEF site.
National Public Lands Day is a great opportunity to take advantage of free entrance , but is also a chance to give back. Volunteering offers a unique perspective of the parks that just may make you appreciate the parks and the park rangers who keep them looking great even more than before.
Visiting the National Parks is generally affordable, but we get it if you want to save some money — that’s exactly what these days are for. However, it’s comforting to know that when you do pay, those fees go towards park upkeep, so get out and give back this upcoming Saturday.
- How to Visit America’s National Parks for Less
- You Need the $80 National Park Pass, Here’s Why
- 5 National Parks to Visit Before Your Kids Leave the House
- The 10 Most Popular National Parks in the US
- Exploring National Parks in 2019: Where to Stay Using Points
- 18 National Parks to Visit on Your Cross-Country Road Trip
- Top Tips for Visiting National Parks with Kids
(Featured photo courtesy of the National Environmental Education Foundation.)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.