How you can help keep the National Parks beautiful on Sept. 28
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a good chance your future travel plans involve one of this country’s many gorgeous National Parks — especially now that American Airlines is offering new routes that makes these parks even more accessible.
In the meantime, you can visit all 112 fee-charging National Parks across the US for free on Saturday, Sept. 28 to celebrate the 26th anniversary of National Public Lands Day.
To show the public lands the love they deserve, the National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is leading a nationwide service day with over 100,000 volunteers expected to join in trail maintenance projects, park and river clean ups, tree planting activities, invasive species removal projects, as well as hikes and other fun activities throughout the parks.
To see how you can get involved at a park near you, check our this interactive map on the NEEF site.
National Public Lands Day is a great opportunity to take advantage of free entrance , but is also a chance to give back. Volunteering offers a unique perspective of the parks that just may make you appreciate the parks and the park rangers who keep them looking great even more than before.
Visiting the National Parks is generally affordable, but we get it if you want to save some money — that’s exactly what these days are for. However, it’s comforting to know that when you do pay, those fees go towards park upkeep, so get out and give back this upcoming Saturday.
- How to Visit America’s National Parks for Less
- You Need the $80 National Park Pass, Here’s Why
- 5 National Parks to Visit Before Your Kids Leave the House
- The 10 Most Popular National Parks in the US
- Exploring National Parks in 2019: Where to Stay Using Points
- 18 National Parks to Visit on Your Cross-Country Road Trip
- Top Tips for Visiting National Parks with Kids
(Featured photo courtesy of the National Environmental Education Foundation.)
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees