How you can help keep the National Parks beautiful on Sept. 28
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s a good chance your future travel plans involve one of this country’s many gorgeous National Parks — especially now that American Airlines is offering new routes that makes these parks even more accessible.
In the meantime, you can visit all 112 fee-charging National Parks across the US for free on Saturday, Sept. 28 to celebrate the 26th anniversary of National Public Lands Day.
To show the public lands the love they deserve, the National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) is leading a nationwide service day with over 100,000 volunteers expected to join in trail maintenance projects, park and river clean ups, tree planting activities, invasive species removal projects, as well as hikes and other fun activities throughout the parks.
To see how you can get involved at a park near you, check our this interactive map on the NEEF site.
National Public Lands Day is a great opportunity to take advantage of free entrance , but is also a chance to give back. Volunteering offers a unique perspective of the parks that just may make you appreciate the parks and the park rangers who keep them looking great even more than before.
Visiting the National Parks is generally affordable, but we get it if you want to save some money — that’s exactly what these days are for. However, it’s comforting to know that when you do pay, those fees go towards park upkeep, so get out and give back this upcoming Saturday.
- How to Visit America’s National Parks for Less
- You Need the $80 National Park Pass, Here’s Why
- 5 National Parks to Visit Before Your Kids Leave the House
- The 10 Most Popular National Parks in the US
- Exploring National Parks in 2019: Where to Stay Using Points
- 18 National Parks to Visit on Your Cross-Country Road Trip
- Top Tips for Visiting National Parks with Kids
(Featured photo courtesy of the National Environmental Education Foundation.)
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees