This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This crowd knows you’re never too young to travel. They value experiences over stuff, and take the whole crew — kids included — on their adventures. They’re budget-conscious and like to pack light, but are willing to splurge on gear to make things go more smoothly. Here are 10 gift ideas for the family traveler in your life.
1. Gadget: Anker Portable Charger
When you’re traveling with kids, your phone or tablet is an important lifeline. This multi-port portable charger is powerful enough to re-charge multiple devices at once, yet small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Buy: Amazon.com, $83
2. Cosmetic: Babyganics Toy, Table & Highchair Wipes
3. Travel Bag: Kreative Kids T-Rex Rolling Backpack
This combined backpack and roller comes with a detachable T. rex that doubles as a toy. It’s the perfect luggage set for toddlers who want to be independent, but still need a cuddly travel companion. Buy: Amazon.com, $37
4. Book: Richard Scarry’s A Day at the Airport
For kids who might be a little on the nervous side when it comes to flying, this book shows them all the fun things that can happen at an airport. Before, during and after their trip, they’ll love flipping through the colorful pages to call out what they’ve seen and where they’ve been. Buy: Amazon.com, $5
5. Accessory: Travel Wallet & Family Passport Holder
Losing your passport while overseas is the thing of nightmares, especially with kids in tow. This travel wallet is big enough to store up to six passports, travel cards and cash, and small enough to keep handy when you need it. Buy: Amazon.com, $30
6. Comfort: Trtl Pillow
Adults traveling with small children rarely get the chance to get comfy on a plane. But if the timing is right, this super soft neck wrap is half the size of a traditional travel pillow, yet lets you sleep comfortably anywhere you need to. Buy: Amazon.com, $21
7. Subscription: Little Passports
This subscription service sends kids a box of travel-themed goodies every month, keeping the excitement going all year long. Choose a package based on age, and watch as kids explore different places around the globe through stickers, activities, games and even souvenirs. Buy: Little Passports, $13-$19/month
8. Gift Card: Disney
These gift cards are perfect for families who go nuts over all things Disney. Pick from a wide variety of card styles — from Mickey to Mulan — or send an e-gift instead. The value can be used at any US Disney park, store or resort, making them a great flexible choice for on-the-go families. Buy: Disney, $50
Anyone who’s ever missed a connection due to a stubborn, meandering toddler knows how challenging shuffling kids through an airport can be. This simple accessory allows you to attach your car seat to your rolling luggage to make a makeshift stroller, so you can get to your gate on time. Buy: Amazon.com, $14
10. Charity: The Lunchbox Fund
Every penny donated to this nonprofit organization goes toward providing meals and educational resources to thousands of orphaned and at-risk school children in South Africa. Families can help families by setting up a one-time or monthly payment, helping to ensure no kid misses out on learning because they’re hungry. Donate: The Lunchbox Fund
Featured Image by Twenty20.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees