This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This crowd knows you’re never too young to travel. They value experiences over stuff, and take the whole crew — kids included — on their adventures. They’re budget-conscious and like to pack light, but are willing to splurge on gear to make things go more smoothly. Here are 10 gift ideas for the family traveler in your life.
1. Gadget: Anker Portable Charger
When you’re traveling with kids, your phone or tablet is an important lifeline. This multi-port portable charger is powerful enough to re-charge multiple devices at once, yet small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. Buy: Amazon.com, $83
2. Cosmetic: Babyganics Toy, Table & Highchair Wipes
3. Travel Bag: Kreative Kids T-Rex Rolling Backpack
This combined backpack and roller comes with a detachable T. rex that doubles as a toy. It’s the perfect luggage set for toddlers who want to be independent, but still need a cuddly travel companion. Buy: Amazon.com, $37
4. Book: Richard Scarry’s A Day at the Airport
For kids who might be a little on the nervous side when it comes to flying, this book shows them all the fun things that can happen at an airport. Before, during and after their trip, they’ll love flipping through the colorful pages to call out what they’ve seen and where they’ve been. Buy: Amazon.com, $5
5. Accessory: Travel Wallet & Family Passport Holder
Losing your passport while overseas is the thing of nightmares, especially with kids in tow. This travel wallet is big enough to store up to six passports, travel cards and cash, and small enough to keep handy when you need it. Buy: Amazon.com, $30
6. Comfort: Trtl Pillow
Adults traveling with small children rarely get the chance to get comfy on a plane. But if the timing is right, this super soft neck wrap is half the size of a traditional travel pillow, yet lets you sleep comfortably anywhere you need to. Buy: Amazon.com, $21
7. Subscription: Little Passports
This subscription service sends kids a box of travel-themed goodies every month, keeping the excitement going all year long. Choose a package based on age, and watch as kids explore different places around the globe through stickers, activities, games and even souvenirs. Buy: Little Passports, $13-$19/month
8. Gift Card: Disney
These gift cards are perfect for families who go nuts over all things Disney. Pick from a wide variety of card styles — from Mickey to Mulan — or send an e-gift instead. The value can be used at any US Disney park, store or resort, making them a great flexible choice for on-the-go families. Buy: Disney, $50
Anyone who’s ever missed a connection due to a stubborn, meandering toddler knows how challenging shuffling kids through an airport can be. This simple accessory allows you to attach your car seat to your rolling luggage to make a makeshift stroller, so you can get to your gate on time. Buy: Amazon.com, $14
10. Charity: The Lunchbox Fund
Every penny donated to this nonprofit organization goes toward providing meals and educational resources to thousands of orphaned and at-risk school children in South Africa. Families can help families by setting up a one-time or monthly payment, helping to ensure no kid misses out on learning because they’re hungry. Donate: The Lunchbox Fund
Featured Image by Twenty20.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards