How to claim missing Frontier miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Frontier Miles are often considered the best ultra-low-cost carrier miles, largely due to the airline’s predictable award chart and solid elite status program. If you recently took a Frontier Airlines flight and didn’t receive mileage credit, it’s in your best interest to claim the miles to use for future travel. This could happen if you forgot to add your Frontier Miles number to a reservation or if you weren’t a member at the time of travel.
Thankfully, Frontier Airlines makes it easy to retroactively claim missing miles. In this article, we’ll look at the requirements for claiming missing Frontier miles and the actual process for claiming them. Let’s get started!
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Requirements for claiming missing Frontier Miles
Frontier Airlines has one of the most relaxed policies for retroactively claiming missing miles. You can claim mileage for flights flown in the past 180 days even if you weren’t a member at the time of flying. This means that if you took a Frontier flight last month and today signed up for a Frontier account, you’re eligible to have the missing miles credited to your account.
You’ll have to wait three or more days before you can claim miles for a completed flight. Once you submit a request for mileage credit, the miles will post to your account within 48 hours. In practice though, I’ve found that Frontier credits these miles within 24 hours of request.
How to claim missing Frontier Miles
The process for claiming missing Frontier Miles is simple. Head over to the Frontier website and sign in to your account. Then, click on your name at the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select “View Profile” from the drop-down menu. This will take you to your Frontier Miles account page.
Scroll to the center of the page and look for the “Add a Trip” header. Enter your flight’s confirmation code in the text box underneath the header and click the “Add your trip” button. You can find your trip’s confirmation code on the email receipt for your flight. Alternatively, you can call Frontier to retrieve your confirmation code if you can’t find the receipt.
If the Frontier Airlines website is able to find your flight, the miles will appear in your account shortly after you request miles. In some cases, however, the website might not be able to find your flight. This usually happens if the name on your account isn’t identical to the name on the ticket. If this happens to you, fill out the missing miles request form on the Frontier Airlines website. You’ll need both your confirmation code and ticket number to request — both of these can be found on your flight receipt.
In this article, we showed you how to claim missing Frontier miles. Bookmark this page and refer to it the next time a Frontier flight doesn’t credit to your account. This ensures that you’ll never leave miles on the table and will inch you closer to your next award ticket. Safe travels!
Feature photo by robert cicchetti/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees