Alaska Airlines Business Credit Card Now Offering 40,000 Mile Sign-Up Bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Not all points and miles are created equal, which is why it’s not always the big shiny 100,000 point welcome bonuses that get me the most excited. Bank of America has announced that the Alaska Airlines Visa Business® credit card is now offering an all-time high public sign-up bonus of 40,000 Alaska Mileage Plan miles after spending $2,000 in the first 90 days of account opening.
This is the highest public offer we’ve ever seen on the business version of this card, and it matches the 40,000 mile bonus on the personal card. TPG values Alaska miles the highest of any individual type of airline mile at 1.8 cents each, making this bonus worth a solid $720. You can potentially get even more value out if it though if you redeem these miles for flights on one of Alaska’s partner airlines, such as Cathay Pacific. A one-way business class award from the US to Asia with a free stopover in Hong Kong (HKG) only costs 50,000 Alaska miles, though these tickets often sell for several thousand dollars.
The Alaska Airlines Visa Business credit card has a $75 annual fee ($50 for the company and $25 per card), earns 3x miles on Alaska purchases and 1x everywhere else. Card holders, plus up to six companions traveling on the same reservation, will enjoy a free checked bag with Alaska. Card holders also get an annual Alaska companion certificate with the bonus and every year on the account anniversary (taxes and fees apply). The companion certificate allows you to bring a friend or family member on a round-trip Alaska-operated flight in economy for $99 plus taxes and fees from $22 — which can be a great strategy to get to two people to Hawaii!
As an added bonus, this small business card won’t count against your 5/24 status with Chase, meaning most people should be able to take advantage of this offer without sacrificing their long term card strategy. Here are some tips for becoming eligible for a small business card. Before applying, make sure to check out this ultimate guide to Bank of America credit cards for any application rules or bonus eligibility checks you need.
Don’t be fooled by the fact that this bonus “only” nets you 40,000 miles. Alaska miles are some of the hardest to earn and most valuable miles out there. This offer is too good to pass up without giving it a hard look. It is the highest offer we’ve ever seen from the Alaska Airlines Visa Business card, and it should be easy to redeem these miles for several thousand dollars worth of flights.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees