Deal alert: West Coast cities to Tahiti from $604
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want a slice of paradise, this deal could be for you. United Airlines is offering deals to Papeete, Tahiti, starting at just over $600 round trip.
Tahiti is known for its beautiful beaches, but there is always more to explore. Shop ’til you drop at the Papeete Market and Vaima Shopping Center, and don’t miss out on fresh seafood and dishes that combine French and Asian cuisines.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Scott’s Cheap Flights Premium originally sent us this deal. Basic membership is available for $49 per year and the Elite tier for $199 per year to get deals on premium economy, business-class and first-class flights. Until March 31, TPG readers can use promo code TPG25 and save 25% on a premium membership.
Routes: LAS/SEA/SFO to PPT
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline
Travel dates: March — May
The offers below are for basic economy flights, which allow you to take a carry-on. A checked bag will cost $55 each way.
The cheapest deal we came across was from Seattle (SEA) to Tahiti (PPT) for $604 round-trip, which was $200 cheaper than usual for the dates below, according to Google Flights. There is a layover in San Francisco (SFO) each way, including a nearly 11-hour stop on the return flight.
Nonstop flights from San Francisco (SFO) to Tahiti (PPT) are available for $629 round trip. The deal below is for the end of May.
You can go from Las Vegas (LAS) to Tahiti (PPT) for $866 round-trip with short stops in San Francisco (SFO) each way.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Related: Finding award availability to Tahiti
Delve into Polynesian culture by visiting museums and enjoying local cuisine. For a relaxing experience, visit tranquil gardens such as the Paofai Gardens and the Water Gardens Vaipahi. Jump on these spring deals to Tahiti while they last.
Featured photo by Kyle Olsen/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees