Deal Alert: Flights to Spain, Italy and more from $196 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Here’s a nice start to the weekend: cheap flight deals! We’re seeing cheap flights from around the US to select cities in Europe like Madrid (MAD), Rome (FCO), Paris (CDG) and Copenhagen (CPH) from as low as $196 round-trip. The best deals appear to be on Air Europa and Air Canada, but we’re also seeing deals from a variety of airlines such as Swiss and Lufthansa.
Keep in mind that all of these fares are booked into basic economy, which means that you’ll still have to pay for a bag or pay to select your seat in advance. However, an airline’s cobranded credit card can get around some of basic economy’s restrictions.
We first spotted the deals from Los Angeles via Loyalty Traveler, but found more deals through our own searches.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia. To get the absolute best price on some routes, you can search on SkyScanner or Momondo and book through an OTA. Just note that it may be harder to deal with some of the smaller OTA’s customer service if you want to change your flight or if something goes wrong.
Airline: Air Canada, Swiss, Lufthansa, Air France, Air Europa, United
Routes: LGA/LAX/BOS/MIA/JFK/EWR/SFO – FCO/CPH/CDG/MAD
Cost: $196+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: October – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) for $196 round-trip nonstop on Air Europa via Vayama:
New York (LGA) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $226 round-trip on Air Canada:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Rome (FCO) for $241 round-trip on Air Canada:
Newark (EWR) to Madrid (MAD) for $262 round-trip on United via Lufthansa.com:
Boston (BOS) to Rome (FCO) for $264 round-trip on Swiss:
Miami (MIA) to Paris (CDG) for $301 round-trip nonstop on Air France:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $337 round-trip nonstop on United via Lufthansa:
Featured image courtesy of Yoal Desurmont / Unsplash
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees