Deal Alert: US to Europe From $322 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Transatlantic flights from Boston (BOS), New York (JFK/LGA/EWR), Chicago (ORD), Philadelphia (PHL) and San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG), London (LHR) and Amsterdam (AMS) are on sale from $322 round-trip. Some of these flights are in basic economy, so you’ll need to pay additional fees for a seat assignment or checked bag. However, a co-branded credit card or elite status can get around some of those restrictions.
Routes: BOS/JFK/LGA/EWR/ORD/PHL/SFO to CDG/LHR/AMS
Cost: $322+ round-trip in economy
Dates: February – May
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) for $322 round-trip on Air Canada/SWISS via Priceline:
New York (LGA) to Paris (CDG) for $323 round-trip in basic economy on United/Air Canada:
Boston (BOS) to London (LHR) for $388 round-trip on Air Canada via Priceline:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $402 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines via Iberia:
Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR) for $404 round-trip in basic economy on United:
New York (EWR) to London (LHR) for $410 round-trip basic economy on Air Canada/United:
San Fransisco (SFO) to London (LHR) for $416 round-trip nonstop in basic economy on United:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $427 round-trip nonstop on Aer Lingus:
San Fransisco (SFO) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $444 round-trip nonstop on KLM:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Paris (CDG) for $445 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Thrifty Traveler Premium which offers premium flight deal email alerts sent straight to your inbox
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by FRANCOIS GUILLOT/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.