Deal Alert: US Cities to Asia From $367 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re seeing great deals to Asia from around the US, including Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), Boston (BOS) and more starting at just $367 round-trip. Cheap flights are available to Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Bangkok (BKK), Beijing (PEK) and many other popular destinations. All fares are in economy and include layovers in the US or Asia. It appears that the most widespread deals are to Shanghai (PVG).
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Air Canada, United, ANA, China Southern, China Eastern, Xiamen, Delta
Routes: JFK/EWR/LAX/LAS/SFO/ORD/PHL/BOS to PVG/BKK/PNH/SGN/KUL/PEK/HKT
Cost: $367+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Shanghai (PVG) for $367 round-trip on Air Canada:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Shanghai (PVG) for $399 round-trip on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Bangkok (BKK) for $419 round-trip on Xiamen:
New York (JFK) to Phnom Penh (PNH) for $423 round-trip on China Eastern:
Chicago (ORD) to Shanghai (PVG) for $451 round-trip on Alaska and Hainan:
New York (JFK) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $493 round-trip on China Eastern:
Newark (EWR) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL) for $511 round-trip on United and ANA:
Baltimore (BWI) to Beijing (PEK) for $519 round-trip on Delta:
San Francisco (SFO) to Phuket (HKT) for $532 round-trip on China Southern:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Elen Turner / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees