Act fast: Free upgrades when you book luxury train trips in Canada with Rocky Mountaineer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you want to ditch the airport and have a luxurious travel experience on a train instead, then this limited time offer could be for you. Rocky Mountaineer has a promotion for a free upgrade to GoldLeaf Service on travel packages throughout Canada booked until Jan. 31, 2022.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The upgrade is available for travel throughout 2022 with the exception of September. The free GoldLeaf Service upgrade is offered on three-night trips such as the First Passage to the West route, which includes Vancouver, Kamloops, Banff and Lake Louise. You can also take the Journey Through the Clouds route which consists of the same first two stops on the First Passage and ends in Jasper National Park. You can also use the upgrade for a longer passage with the Circle Journey package, which is a combination of both routes.
The GoldLeaf service upgrade is valued at up to $620 per person. It includes gourmet meals, scenic floor-to-ceiling glass window and viewing platforms to experience the outdoors and take in the scenery.
GoldLeaf service also includes enhanced flexibility options if a booking needs to be canceled. The options include a travel credit which can be used for a future booking date.
There are also longer routes that you can get the free upgrade on including a 12-night Grand Rail Circle priced at $7,104. The upgrade is not valid on the Rockies to the Red Rocks or Rainforest to Gold Rush routes.
The fare includes drinks, snacks and tour guides on board the train. Off the train, GoldLeaf travelers will stay in high-end hotels during stops. The offer does not include upgraded hotel accommodation; the free promotion only applies to the rail travel.
In order to get the upgrade, you have to book online, selecting the GoldLeaf Service level and the savings on the complimentary upgrade should appear before checking out. The promotion will not go through if you book the SilverLeaf option.
Gourmet meals on board while experiencing the stunning valleys and nature of Canada are hard to pass up, if you can afford the splurge. To get in on this free upgrade book before the end of January.
Featured image by Al Seib/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.