Deal Alert: Premium Economy to Southeast Asia on World’s Longest Flight From $993 Round-Trip
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
In October Singapore Airlines re-launched the world’s longest flight between Newark (EWR) and Singapore (SIN). Two weeks ago, we saw premium economy fares on this flight drop to just $993 round-trip. And now it’s back!
Travelers can book flights from the NYC area to Ho Chi Minh (SGN), Bali (DPS), Bangkok (BKK), Manila (MNL) and Hanoi (HAN) from $993 round-trip. Don’t want to go any further than Singapore? Nonstop flights to Singapore (SIN) are available for $1,050 from Los Angeles (LAX), $1,078 from Newark and $1,198 from San Francisco (SFO).
Just make sure to book early so you can snag one of the solo seats in the back of the cabin:
After all, you don’t want to get stuck in a middle seat on the world’s longest flight:
If you plan on booking this deal, we recommend that you check out Get Your Guide’s full list of activities in cities like Ho Chi Minh, Phuket City and Bangkok.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Singapore Airlines, ANA
Routes: EWR/LAX/SFO to SGN/DPS/BKK/MNL/HAN/SIN
Cost: $993+ round-trip in premium economy
Travel Dates: April-May and August-November 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) for $993 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Bali, Indonesia (DPS) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Bangkok (BKK) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Manila (MNL) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Hanoi (HAN) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,050 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,078 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Manila (MNL) for $1,128 round-trip 1-stop on ANA:
San Francisco (SFO) to Bali (DPS) for $1,197 round-trip on Singapore Airlines:
San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,198 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image and images of Singapore Airlines premium economy by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees