Deal Alert: Premium Economy to Southeast Asia on World’s Longest Flight From $993 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
In October Singapore Airlines re-launched the world’s longest flight between Newark (EWR) and Singapore (SIN). Two weeks ago, we saw premium economy fares on this flight drop to just $993 round-trip. And now it’s back!
Travelers can book flights from the NYC area to Ho Chi Minh (SGN), Bali (DPS), Bangkok (BKK), Manila (MNL) and Hanoi (HAN) from $993 round-trip. Don’t want to go any further than Singapore? Nonstop flights to Singapore (SIN) are available for $1,050 from Los Angeles (LAX), $1,078 from Newark and $1,198 from San Francisco (SFO).
Just make sure to book early so you can snag one of the solo seats in the back of the cabin:
After all, you don’t want to get stuck in a middle seat on the world’s longest flight:
If you plan on booking this deal, we recommend that you check out Get Your Guide’s full list of activities in cities like Ho Chi Minh, Phuket City and Bangkok.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Singapore Airlines, ANA
Routes: EWR/LAX/SFO to SGN/DPS/BKK/MNL/HAN/SIN
Cost: $993+ round-trip in premium economy
Travel Dates: April-May and August-November 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) for $993 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Bali, Indonesia (DPS) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Bangkok (BKK) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Manila (MNL) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Hanoi (HAN) for $998 round-trip 1-stop on Singapore Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,050 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,078 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Manila (MNL) for $1,128 round-trip 1-stop on ANA:
San Francisco (SFO) to Bali (DPS) for $1,197 round-trip on Singapore Airlines:
San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) for $1,198 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image and images of Singapore Airlines premium economy by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees