Seattle Flash Sale: Delta Selling Comfort+ for Just $5 More Than Coach
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
To celebrate the fifth year of calling Seattle-Tacoma International Airport a hub, Delta’s offering Comfort+ upgrades for just $5 each way on select flights to/from SEA. If you’re interested in a getaway, you best act fast — the deal is set to expire tomorrow.
Sample, one-way Delta Comfort+ fares are listed below and are valid through April 27, 2019, with a 21-day advance purchase required for travel from May 15 through June 16, 2019. Sadly, existing flight tickets are excluded in this promotion. You’ll need to book directly at Delta.com to see the discounted Comfort+ fares.
Those who call the Pacific Northwest home may recall the summer of 2014. That’s when Delta planted a stake in the ground and officially named Seattle a hub, joining the ranks of Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York and Salt Lake City. Delta now operates more than 150 peak-day departures to more than 50 destinations from SeaTac, and it’s home to one of the most impressive (and expansive) Sky Club lounges in the entire system.
Of course, creating a hub out of Seattle wasn’t without consequence. Delta’s relationship with Alaska fell apart in early 2017, ending the ability to credit Alaska flights towards Delta status.
Boosting Your SkyMiles Balance
If you’re looking to add even more SkyMiles to your account, you’ll need to make sure you have a healthy balance to spend. There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles, from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 75,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 6 months of account opening, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus (you can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles) (Targeted offer subject to change at anytime). Terms apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn up to 75,000 bonus points: 50,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 bonus points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms apply.
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020; See Rates & Fees); 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020; (See Rates & Fees); 40,000-mile welcome bonus plus 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in your first 3 months. Terms apply.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images by Darren Murph / TPG.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.