This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While booking hotel reservations directly with the chains is usually the best method to maximize member discounts, earn and utilize hotel points and status — sometimes the third-party booking sites have very enticing deals.
Save $75 on a $300 Expedia Hotel Booking
Expedia is currently offering an extra $75 off $300 in select hotel reservations if you use the code MASTERCARD75 during checkout and pay using your Mastercard, such as a Citi Premier Card that will even earn you 3 points per dollar on the travel charge.
I can’t find a specific landing page for the deal, but as is the case with most of these offers, the coupon works (most reliably) at non-chain, independent properties. In my test searches, the coupon worked for stays as early as today through 5/31/2019. As long as the final total (including taxes and fees) was over $300, it worked. It did not work in my test searches if you elected to pay for your stay at a future date. There was no minimum stay requirement, so you could use it on a one-night stay that rang in at over $300 or a multi-night stay with a lower per-night cost.
Discount Works at Disney, Great Wolf and Beyond
Scoring meaningful discounts at Disney can be a challenge, so this is a great opportunity to perhaps try out a more expensive Disney property for a shorter stay, or save on a multi-night stay at a less expensive property.
To use the Expedia coupon code, enter the promo code in the field shown below located directly over the payment information. If you can’t find the coupon code section on the payment page, it likely means you have selected a rate that is not eligible for a coupon code — such as a ‘pay later’ rate.
Note that you can use this discount code with a refundable reservation, according to the property’s specific rate rules. In my test Disney searches, the reservations were refundable until a few days before the stay. As always, price compare your all-in total using this Expedia discount with other available discounts and booking direct.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees