This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While booking hotel reservations directly with the chains is usually the best method to maximize member discounts, earn and utilize hotel points and status — sometimes the third-party booking sites have very enticing deals.
Save $75 on a $300 Expedia Hotel Booking
Expedia is currently offering an extra $75 off $300 in select hotel reservations if you use the code MASTERCARD75 during checkout and pay using your Mastercard, such as a Citi ThankYou Premier Card that will even earn you 3 points per dollar on the travel charge.
I can’t find a specific landing page for the deal, but as is the case with most of these offers, the coupon works (most reliably) at non-chain, independent properties. In my test searches, the coupon worked for stays as early as today through 5/31/2019. As long as the final total (including taxes and fees) was over $300, it worked. It did not work in my test searches if you elected to pay for your stay at a future date. There was no minimum stay requirement, so you could use it on a one-night stay that rang in at over $300 or a multi-night stay with a lower per-night cost.
Discount Works at Disney, Great Wolf and Beyond
Scoring meaningful discounts at Disney can be a challenge, so this is a great opportunity to perhaps try out a more expensive Disney property for a shorter stay, or save on a multi-night stay at a less expensive property.
To use the Expedia coupon code, enter the promo code in the field shown below located directly over the payment information. If you can’t find the coupon code section on the payment page, it likely means you have selected a rate that is not eligible for a coupon code — such as a ‘pay later’ rate.
Note that you can use this discount code with a refundable reservation, according to the property’s specific rate rules. In my test Disney searches, the reservations were refundable until a few days before the stay. As always, price compare your all-in total using this Expedia discount with other available discounts and booking direct.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards