Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Orlando for under $100
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re still trying to decide upon a holiday gift for the family, how does a trip to Orlando sound? American, Delta, JetBlue and United are offering affordable round-trip economy flights, some for under $100. Travel during most of 2022 (January-October) from departure cities across the U.S.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler to its Premium members, who are notified about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals by email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
The offer applies to travel from January 2022 through October 2022.
Some of the cheapest flights we found to Orlando (MCO) were from Cinncinati (CVG) at $97; from Newark (EWR) at $107; from Washington, D.C. (IAD), at $117; from Detroit (DTW) at $127; and from Portland, Oregon (PDX), at $278 for basic economy seats.
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue and United.
Routes: Detroit (DTW), Boston (BOS), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Atlanta (ATL), Chicago (ORD), Houston (IAH), Washinton, D.C. (IAD), and many more cities to Orlando (MCO).
How to book: Directly through airline sites or Google Flights.
Travel dates: January-October 2022.
The deal includes basic economy round-trip flights from a long list of cities across the U.S. including:
- Atlanta (ATL).
- Chicago (ORD).
- Cincinnati (CVG).
- Cleveland (CLE).
- Detroit (DTW).
- Houston (IAH).
- Los Angeles (LAX).
- Nashville (BNA).
- New Orleans (MSY).
- New York (JFK/LGA).
- Newark (EWR).
- Portland (PDX).
- Washington, D.C. (IAD).
TPG found an economy ticket in January on Delta from Cincinnati (CVG) to Orlando (MCO) for $97 round-trip on Google Flights.
For travelers in the New York and New Jersey area, there are direct JetBlue flights available at the beginning of February for $107 round-trip from EWR.
There are multiple nonstop flights from Washington, D.C. (IAD), to MCO during February via United Airlines for $117.
On American Airlines, flights are available toward the end of January from Detroit (DTW) to MCO for $127.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel. Frequent JetBlue flyers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3x on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Orlando’s appeal ranges far and wide, though the mouse ears and wizard hats are the top draws in our book. The wide range of dates, departure cities and great fares make this deal to the Sunshine State one that is hard to pass up.
Featured photo courtesy of Universal Orlando.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees