Deal alert: Round-trip flights to the Hawaiian Islands for less than $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A getaway to Hawaii sounds like the perfect way to leave the cold weather behind this winter. With this deal from American Airlines, Delta, United, Alaska Airlines, WestJet and Hawaiian Airlines, you can enjoy the sunshine of Hawaii for less than $200 round-trip. The offers include a wide range of departure cities, as well as four different Hawaiian islands.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here.
The deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler to its Premium members, who are notified about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals by email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
The offer applies to travel from January 2022 through March 2022.
Nonstop round-trip flights to Honolulu (HNL) and Kauai (LIH) from San Francisco (SFO) are available for $198; from Denver (DEN) for $276 and from Portland (PDX) for $278 for basic economy seats.
Airline: American, Delta, United, Delta, Hawaiian Airlines, WestJet, Alaska Airlines
Routes: San Fransisco (SFO), Chicago (ORD), Denver (DEN), Houston (IAH) and many more cities in the U.S. and Canada to Oahu (HNL), Kauai (LIH), the Big Island (KOA) and Maui (OGG).
How to book: Directly through airline sites or Google flights
Travel Dates: January 2022-March 2022
The deal includes basic economy round-trip flights from cities across North America, including:
- Albuquerque (ABQ)
- Anchorage (ANC)
- Boise (BOI)
- Bozeman (BZN)
- Burbank (BUR)
- Calgary (YYC)
- Chicago (MDW)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Colorado Springs (COS)
- Denver (DEN)
- Des Moines (DSM)
- Edmonton (YEG)
- El Paso (ELP)
- Eugene (EUG)
- Fresno (FAT)
- Houston (HOU)
- Houston (IAH)
- Idaho Falls (IDA)
- Indianapolis (IND)
- Kansas City (MCI)
- Long Beach (LGB)
- Madison (MSN)
- Medford (MFR)
- Milwaukee (MKE)
- Monterey (MRY)
- Omaha (OMA)
- Ontario (ONT)
- Palm Springs (PSP)
- Portland (PDX)
- Regina (YQR)
- Reno (RNO)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- San Diego (SAN)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- San Jose (SJC)
- Santa Ana (SNA)
- Santa Barbara (SBA)
- Saskatoon (YXE)
- Seattle (SEA)
- Spokane (GEG)
- St. Louis (STL)
- Tucson (TUS)
- Vancouver (YVR)
- Wichita (ICT)
TPG found a steal from SFO-LIH starting at $198 round-trip for basic economy nonstop flights on United in February.
Throughout January and February, there are a handful of dates per month from PDX-HNL starting at $278 round-trip for nonstop flights on Hawaiian Airlines.
American, Delta and United airlines are offering round-trip flights from DEN-HNL at the end of January for $276.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Depending on which island you want to go to, this deal provides a range of affordable options for a winter escape to Hawaii.
Featured image by Timur Alexandrov/EyeEm/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees