Deal Alert: Premium Economy for $994 Round-Trip on World’s Longest Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Singapore Airlines made headlines in 2018 when the airline launched the world’s longest flight with a new Airbus A350-900ULR twin-engine airliner. Flight SQ21 from Newark to Singapore clocks in at around 19 hours. The return flight, SQ22, clocks in a bit shorter thanks to tailwinds — but not by much. While the flight time was certainly enough to turn heads, the fact that the aircraft operating the flights lacked a true economy cabin added to the hype.
As one might expect, booking the world’s longest flight comes at a cost. Round-trip fares typically run from $1,700 in Premium Economy to $6,000 in Business Class. As mentioned above, travelers are unable to book a standard economy ticket as the flight lacks an economy cabin.
The good news is that Singapore Airlines is offering an amazing deal on Premium Economy fares at the moment. While these fares aren’t available on flights exclusively from New York City to Singapore, if you select a destination such as Phuket City, Thailand, you can fly on the world’s longest flight and then on to Thailand in one of the most luxurious premium economy cabins in the sky for less than $1,000.
Additionally, on select dates throughout the months of April and May, Singapore Airlines is selling Premium Economy from New York/Newark to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, for just $994 round-trip. Premium Economy between Los Angeles (LAX) and Phuket City (HKT) is also available for just $1,148 round-trip.
If you plan on booking this deal we recommend that you check out Get Your Guide’s full guide to cities like Ho Chi Minh, Phuket City and Bangkok.
To search for this deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia. In this case, Singapore Airlines is offering this fare directly through Google Flights.
Airlines: Singapore Airlines (with SilkAir)
Routes: EWR to BKK/DAD/DPS/CGK/HAN/HKT/MNL/SGN and LAX to HKT
Cost: From $994+
Travel Dates: April – May 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam (SGN) for $994 round-trip in Premium Economy on Singapore Airlines:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Bangkok (BKK), Thailand for $998 round-trip in Premium Economy on Singapore Airlines:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Phuket City, Thailand (HKT) for $998 round-trip in Premium Economy on Singapore Airlines:
New York/Newark (EWR) to Phuket City, Thailand (HKT) Availability via Google Flights
Los Angeles (LAX) to Phuket City, Thailand (HKT) for $1,173 round-trip in Premium Economy on Singapore Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Phuket City, Thailand (HKT) Availability via Google Flights:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by JT Genter / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees