NYC to Italy From $448 Nonstop on Full-Service Carriers, Including Emirates
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Top-ranked airline Emirates is offering sub-$450 nonstop roundtrip fares between New York City and Milan (MXP). We’re seeing widespread availability in sale dates, beginning as early as April and May, and resuming in September after the summer peak months, going all the way through February 2019.
Other full-service carriers are matching these fares, with comparable rates available on codeshared flights from OneWorld partners American, British Airways and Iberia, as well as SkyTeam partner airlines Delta, KLM and Alitalia.
United and Lufthansa offer a slightly more expensive partner route nonstop between Newark (EWR) and Rome (FCO), with lowest fares beginning at $482 roundtrip in November.
Airline: American, British Airways, Delta, Emirates, Iberia, KLM, Lufthansa, United
Routes: JFK/EWR to MXP/FCO
Cost: $448+ round-trip in economy
Dates: April-May 2018, and September 2018-February 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on Emirates for $448 roundtrip in April:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on British Airways for $448 roundtrip in April:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on Iberia for $448 roundtrip in April:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on American Airlines for $448 roundtrip in September:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on codeshare Delta/KLM for $448 roundtrip in September:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on Emirates for $448 roundtrip in November (over Thanksgiving!):
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) nonstop on Emirates for $448 roundtrip in February 2019:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) nonstop on United for $482 roundtrip in January 2019:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) nonstop on Lufthansa for $482 roundtrip in January 2019:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees