Deal alert: NYC to Central Asia starting at $625 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Here’s a deal we don’t see often. We’re seeing flights from New York (JFK) to several Central Asian countries, including Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan starting at just $625 round-trip on Turkish Airlines.
Note that some routes include long layovers in Istanbul (IST). To get the best deals, we recommend booking through Vayama. Also note that all U.S. citizens visiting Uzbekistan must have a visa and should have applied for one well before your trip. The State Department describes Uzbekistan’s entry and exit requirements as being enforced in a “discretionary, arbitrary manner.” If you’re staying less than 30 days (Kazakhstan) or 60 days (Kyrgyzstan) you don’t need a visa.
We first spotted the deals to Tashkent (TAS) at Scott’s Cheap Flights.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Vayama.
Airline: Turkish Airlines
Routes: JFK – TAS/ALA/SKD/FRU
Cost: $625+ in economy
Dates: November – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Tashkent (TAS) for $625 round-trip via Vayama:
New York (JFK) to Samarkand (SKD) for $627 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Almaty (ALA) for $669 round-trip via Vayama:
New York (JFK) to Bishkek (FRU) for $704 round-trip:
Featured photo courtesy of Ritz Carlton Almaty
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees