This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Cheap transatlantic flights continue to amaze! Today we are seeing nonstop fares from east and west coasts of the US to both the UK and mainland Europe, including Barcelona, Shannon and Paris. These flights are on low-cost carriers LEVEL, Norwegian and Primera Air — each of which TPG has reviewed, so you’ll know just what you’re getting into.
Airline: LEVEL, Norwegian, Primera Air
Routes: BOS/PVD/SWF/EWR/SFO/FLL to BCN/SNN/ORY/CDG
Cost: $263+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August 2018 — March 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) nonstop on LEVEL for $263 round-trip ($148 outbound + $115 return):
Providence (PVD) to Shannon (SNN) nonstop on Norwegian for $266 round-trip ($114 outbound + $152 return):
New York’s Stewart (SWF) to Shannon (SNN) nonstop on Norwegian for $278 round-trip ($114 outbound + $164 return):
Newark (EWR) to Paris Orly (ORY) nonstop on LEVEL for $299 round-trip ($148 outbound + $150 return):
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) nonstop on Primera Air for $306 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) nonstop on LEVEL for $309 round-trip ($158 outbound + $151 return):
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) nonstop on Norwegian for $327 round-trip:
Newark (EWR) to Paris Orly (ORY) nonstop on Norwegian for $347 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris (CDG) nonstop on Norwegian for $382 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees