This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
While it isn’t hard to find a cheap flight to Europe nowadays, it’s rarer to get cheap nonstop flights — especially with a free carry-on bag. But today, we’re seeing a number of options on full service and budget carriers from across the US to multiple European destinations, including Dublin (DUB), Paris (CDG), Barcelona (BCN), Rome (FCO) and London (LGW) for as little as $239 round-trip.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Norwegian, LEVEL, American
Routes: SWF/EWR/BOS/SFO/JFK/EWR/ORD to DUB/ORY/BCN/CDG/FCO/LGW
Cost: $239+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: November-April 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $239 ($104 outbound + $135 return) round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Newark (EWR) to Paris Orly (ORY) for $262 round-trip nonstop on LEVEL:
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) for $262 ($148 outbound + $114 return) round-trip nonstop on LEVEL:
San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) for $308 ($159 outbound + $149 return) round-trip nonstop on LEVEL:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Paris (CDG) for $315 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $318 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) for $331 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Newark (EWR) to Barcelona (BCN) for $338 ($165 outbound + $173 return) round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Chicago (ORD) to London Gatwick (LGW) for $355 ($160 outbound + $195 return) round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees