Business class deal alert: Fly nonstop to the Caribbean for $303 R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
We send out deal alerts for cheap flights to the Caribbean fairly often. In fact, we reported on $44 JetBlue tickets to the Caribbean just yesterday. But it’s not often we see business class flights to the region for under $500 round-trip. Delta and United are offering nonstop flights to several Caribbean cities like Havana (HAV), Kingston (KIN) and Santo Domingo (SDQ). The deals appear to be available between January and April.
We first spotted the United deals at Secret Flying.
Once in the region, you have several points hotels to choose from. If you stay in Santo Domingo, you should consider the JW Marriott Hotel Santo Domingo, a Category 4 Marriott Bonvoy property which only costs 20,000 points off-peak, 25,000 standard or 30,000 points peak per night.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: United, Delta
Routes: JFK/MIA/ATL/EWR – KIN/HAV/SDQ/SJU
Cost: $303+ round-trip in business/first class
Dates: January – April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Havana (HAV) for $303 round-trip nonstop in Delta first class:
Atlanta (ATL) to Havana (HAV) for $423 round-trip nonstop in Delta first class:
Newark (EWR) to Havana (HAV) for $463 round-trip nonstop in United business class:
Newark (EWR) to Santo Domingo (SDQ) for $463 round-trip nonstop in United business class:
Atlanta (ATL) to San Juan (SJU) for $500 round-trip nonstop in Delta first class:
New York (JFK) to Kingston (KIN) for $517 round-trip nonstop in Delta first class:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.