Nobody Panic, but the Viral Amazon Coat Is 40% Off — and Other Prime Day Clothing Deals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No, you weren’t imagining it when it seemed like everyone and their mother was walking around in the same coat this past winter.
It’s because they were, and it’s the Orolay Thickened Down Jacket. For the uninformed: “The Coat” quietly became the “it” jacket of New York Upper East Side moms in the winter of 2018. But after a piece in New York Magazine‘s The Strategist cracked open the case and alerted the masses, the then-$89 jacket went viral. You can’t walk five blocks in New York City without seeing someone wearing it when it’s cold out.
Since then, the jacket has steadily gone up in price — although it’s still only $140, which is still a deal for a winter coat — but we spotted it for a whopping 40% off today. Yes, it may be July and the last thing you’re thinking about is being so cold that your hands are numb, but if you’ve been eyeing it, you’re going to want to take the plunge now. Who knows, you could be the one that starts the trend on your upcoming winter trip to Europe…
You can now nab it for $83.99, just make sure to apply the coupon after selecting your size and you’ll see the discounted price during checkout.
If you’re not in the market for a little Christmas in July, we rounded up some of our favorite travel-friendly apparel deals that you’ll want to take advantage of today (or tomorrow). Just don’t forget to use a credit card that can help you earn valuable points towards your next vacation — a little something we like to call a win-win. But please, whatever you do, don’t use your points to actually pay for anything (well, unless you’re using just one point for 20% off).
As a reminder, these discounts are available exclusively to Amazon Prime members from July 15 through July 16. Availability is limited so if you’re interested in an offer, you’ll need to act quick. If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up today for a free trial to take advantage of the sale. In addition, Prime Student allows college students to receive a free six-month trial membership.
These are also one of the most comfortable things I own.
And while this isn’t on sale, it was too good not to mention:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi® Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day, but every day of the year. You can also stack different promotions, such as the 20% discount by using just one Amex Membership Reward point and a $10 promotional credit by spending $10+ at Whole Foods.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2019 — click here for more great deals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees