Nobody Panic, but the Viral Amazon Coat Is 40% Off — and Other Prime Day Clothing Deals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No, you weren’t imagining it when it seemed like everyone and their mother was walking around in the same coat this past winter.
It’s because they were, and it’s the Orolay Thickened Down Jacket. For the uninformed: “The Coat” quietly became the “it” jacket of New York Upper East Side moms in the winter of 2018. But after a piece in New York Magazine‘s The Strategist cracked open the case and alerted the masses, the then-$89 jacket went viral. You can’t walk five blocks in New York City without seeing someone wearing it when it’s cold out.
Since then, the jacket has steadily gone up in price — although it’s still only $140, which is still a deal for a winter coat — but we spotted it for a whopping 40% off today. Yes, it may be July and the last thing you’re thinking about is being so cold that your hands are numb, but if you’ve been eyeing it, you’re going to want to take the plunge now. Who knows, you could be the one that starts the trend on your upcoming winter trip to Europe…
You can now nab it for $83.99, just make sure to apply the coupon after selecting your size and you’ll see the discounted price during checkout.
If you’re not in the market for a little Christmas in July, we rounded up some of our favorite travel-friendly apparel deals that you’ll want to take advantage of today (or tomorrow). Just don’t forget to use a credit card that can help you earn valuable points towards your next vacation — a little something we like to call a win-win. But please, whatever you do, don’t use your points to actually pay for anything (well, unless you’re using just one point for 20% off).
As a reminder, these discounts are available exclusively to Amazon Prime members from July 15 through July 16. Availability is limited so if you’re interested in an offer, you’ll need to act quick. If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up today for a free trial to take advantage of the sale. In addition, Prime Student allows college students to receive a free six-month trial membership.
These are also one of the most comfortable things I own.
And while this isn’t on sale, it was too good not to mention:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi® Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day, but every day of the year. You can also stack different promotions, such as the 20% discount by using just one Amex Membership Reward point and a $10 promotional credit by spending $10+ at Whole Foods.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2019 — click here for more great deals.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.