Bahamas deal alert: Escape to Nassau with fares as low as $194
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You can nab a great deal to the Bahamas at the moment. A huge fare sale has flights available to the idyllic Caribbean nation at deeply discounted prices for travel during the winter. And while it’s always a good time to visit the Bahamas, it’s even more appealing when Old Man Winter has gripped much of the U.S.
Dozens of cities are involved in this deal, including Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis and Philadelphia. JetBlue, United, and American have some main cabin fares available at a discount. That means you get a carry-on and seat assignment. But we saw the best prices for the basic economy tier, which is still attractive given the savings.
The sale fares are for travel between January-October 2022. As always with deals like this, the more flexible you are with your travel plans, the better chance you have of getting a great price.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter
A tip of the cap to our friends at Thrifty Traveler Premium for alerting us about this deal, which they first sent out to their subscribers.
Non-members can still score a discounted ticket by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue United
Routes: ATL/AUS/BWI/DCA/DEN/DET/FLL/HOU/IAH/JFK/MIA/MKE/MSP/PHL/SFO and others to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS)
Cost: From $194 round-trip
Dates: January-October 2022; availability varies
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
American had sub-$200 fares from Miami (MIA) to Nassau across much of January, like this Basic Economy deal we found for $194.
Austin (AUS) to Nassau in March is a real steal at the moment. We found round-trip fares on United for just $307, almost half off normal prices for that route.
How about this deal out of Philadelphia (PHL) to Nassau — a February trip on Delta for just $274! That’s a huge savings, more than $500 cheaper than usual.
It’s a basic economy ticket, but even if you wanted to pay the $80 to upgrade to main cabin, it would still be a sweet bargain.
If you’ve been dying to visit the Atlantis or Baha Mar resorts on Nassau — or simply craving the intoxicating beauty of the Bahamas — this is your chance to do it at a major discount.
Featured image by Pola Damonte for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees