Deal Alert: Last-Minute Weekend Getaway Flights From $49 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing weekend escape to somewhere like Colorado Springs or a weekend full of fun in New Orleans— we’ve got the deal for you. This week’s last minute getaways offer a large variety of origin and destination cities.
Typically, we try to stay away from low-cost carriers, but we wanted to have some fun with this one, and you might too — if you’re willing to take a spontaneous vacation. If you’re a business-class-only flyer, these fares probably aren’t for you. But if you’re an adventurous reader aching to go on a trip and willing to pack light, check out these last-minute deals.
Be aware of extra fees and restrictions. Low-cost airlines such as Frontier and Spirit all charge extra to choose your seat and to bring a large carry-on bag. Although these low-fare carriers tend to get a bad rap, you may end up pleasantly surprised, like TPG himself when he flew Spirit (and he wasn’t even in the Big Front Seat)! The same goes for Frontier. Bottom line: if you’re in the market for cheap tickets and want to get away as soon as this weekend, this is a great way to go.
If our example dates and times don’t fit your schedule, play around with the dates on Google Flights as there are often other times available for a little more or sometimes less depending on your dates. All of the routes listed have flights available under $150 between August 22-26. Also note that most of our example routes are also available in the reverse direction.
If you’re looking to get the Spirit deals even cheaper, you can often buy Spirit flights cheaper at their airport check-in counter. However, it’s not always guaranteed and sometimes the limited savings may not be worth the hassle— it really just depends on how flexible you are.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin, destination and stopover cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline Spirit and Frontier
Routes: LAS/COS/MSY/IND/ATL/DEN/RDU/BOS/CVG/BWI/STL/DTW/MSP/GSP/ATX to COS/SAT/DEN/MCO/MSY/DTW/RDU/TPA/PWM/MCO/ATX/LAS/SFO/MIA and more (many available on the reverse route)
Cost: $49+ round-trip
Travel Dates: August 22-26, 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Colorado Springs (COS) for $49 round-trip on Frontier:
Colorado Springs (COS) to San Antonio (SAT) for $51 round-trip on Frontier:
New Orleans (MSY) to Denver (DEN) for $57 round-trip on Frontier:
Indianapolis (IND) to Orlando (MCO) for $65 round-trip on Frontier: Atlanta (ATL) to Denver (DEN) for $67 round-trip on Spirit:Denver (DEN) to Minneapolis (MSY) for $67 round-trip on Spirit:Raleigh (RDU) to Detroit (DTW) for $67 round-trip on Spirit: Boston (BOS) to Raleigh (RDU) for $75 round-trip on Spirit: Cincinnati (CVG) to Tampa (TPA) for $77 round-trip on Frontier:
Baltimore (BWI) to Raleigh (RDU) for $94 round-trip on Spirit:
Raleigh (RDU) to Portland (PWM) for $97 round-trip on Frontier: Saint Louis (STL) to Orlando (MCO) for $97 round-trip on Frontier: Detroit (DTW) to Austin (AUS) for $102 round-trip on Frontier: Minneapolis (MSP) to New Orleans (MSY) for $105 round-trip on Spirit:Greenville (GSP) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $112 round-trip on Frontier: Austin (AUS) to San Francisco (SFO) for $117 round-trip on Frontier: Denver (DEN) to Miami (MIA) for $117 round-trip on Frontier:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Swapan Jha/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees