JetBlue flash sale: Flights starting at 2,700 points or $49 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
JetBlue is back with another flash sale with unreal deals starting as low as 2,700 TrueBlue points or $49 one-way. That’s right, 2,700 points one-way. If you want to fly round-trip, fares are starting at 5,400 points or $98 round-trip.
If you see a deal you like, don’t wait because this promotion expires on October 17. If your plans change, note that you have 24 hours from the time of booking to cancel for free. Keep in mind that all tickets are in the airline’s Blue fare class and there are several blackout days, including the Thanksgiving holiday.
To search, head to JetBlue and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Major routes served by JetBlue
Cost: 2,700+ TrueBlue points or $49+ one-way
Dates: October 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Jose (SJC) for 2,700 points + $5.60 one-way (5,400 round-trip):
Boston (BOS) to Charlotte (CLT) for 3,400 points + $5.60 one-way (6,800 points round-trip):
New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) for 7,900 points + $5.60 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Chicago (ORD) for $54 one-way or $107 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Austin (AUS) for 14,200 points + $11.20 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Javier Rodriguez / The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.