JetBlue flash sale: Flights starting at 2,700 points or $49 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
JetBlue is back with another flash sale with unreal deals starting as low as 2,700 TrueBlue points or $49 one-way. That’s right, 2,700 points one-way. If you want to fly round-trip, fares are starting at 5,400 points or $98 round-trip.
If you see a deal you like, don’t wait because this promotion expires on October 17. If your plans change, note that you have 24 hours from the time of booking to cancel for free. Keep in mind that all tickets are in the airline’s Blue fare class and there are several blackout days, including the Thanksgiving holiday.
To search, head to JetBlue and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Major routes served by JetBlue
Cost: 2,700+ TrueBlue points or $49+ one-way
Dates: October 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Jose (SJC) for 2,700 points + $5.60 one-way (5,400 round-trip):
Boston (BOS) to Charlotte (CLT) for 3,400 points + $5.60 one-way (6,800 points round-trip):
New York (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) for 7,900 points + $5.60 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Chicago (ORD) for $54 one-way or $107 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Austin (AUS) for 14,200 points + $11.20 round-trip:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Javier Rodriguez / The Points Guy
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee