JetBlue flash sale: Flights starting at $19 or 400 points one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
JetBlue is back with a flash sale across the U.S. and to parts of the Caribbean for just $19 or 400 TrueBlue points one-way. We’re seeing flights from Ft. Lauderdale (FLL), New York (JFK) and Washington (DCA) at bargain prices. Departure dates and times are very specific and travel dates are between October 28 – November 19. Keep in mind that all tickets are in JetBlue’s Blue class, which means you won’t get an included checked bag and you’ll have to pay extra to change your ticket unless you have elite status.
If you see a deal you like, don’t wait as this flash sale expires at 11:59 PM ET tonight!
This is a good opportunity to use your TrueBlue points since award redemptions are tied to the cost of the ticket. You can transfer points from Citi ThankYou, Amex Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue. We value TrueBlue points at 1.3 cents each.
To search, head to JetBlue’s deals page and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline.
Routes: Major routes served by JetBlue, see full list here
Cost: $19+ or 400+ points one-way
Dates: October – November
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Long Beach (LGB) to Oakland (OAK) for $19 or 400 points + $5.60 one-way:
Syracuse (SYR) to New York (JFK) for $19 or 400 points + $5.60 one-way:
New York (JFK) to Charleston (CHS) for $29 one-way:
New Orleans (MSY) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) for $29 one-way:
Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) to San Juan (SJU) for $40 one-way or 900 points + $5.60 one-way:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Craig Warga/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees