This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Kick your summer travel plans off with this two-day flash sale from JetBlue. The “You Never Call, You Never Visit” sale is offering fares as little as $38 one-way, with both domestic and international destinations available. In order to score a ticket at these discounted fares, you must book by May 2, at 11:59pm ET or local time. Eligible travel dates are between May 8 and June 27, 2018, with blackout dates from May 22-30, 2018.
Note that quite a few of the dates included as part of this sale are for peak summer travel time — a great opportunity to book a summer vacation with cheap airfare. We’re seeing plenty of availability throughout much of May and June, with some dates even extending into July. Because so many cities are part of this sale, it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page in order to find out exactly which ones are included. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long — they’ll be available through Wednesday only.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $38+ one-way, $76 round-trip in economy
Dates: May 8 to June 27, 2018
Booking Link: Orbitz or Expedia
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $38 one-way in June:
Oakland (OAK) to long Beach (LGB) for $43 one-way in May:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to New Orleans (MSY) for $43 one-way in June:
New York (JFK) to Portland (PWM) for $48 one-way in July:
Atlanta (ATL) to Orlando (MCO) for $76 round-trip in May:
Long Beach (LGB) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $78 round-trip in May:
Orlando (MCO) to Mexico City (MEX) for $87 one-way in May:
Boston (BOS) to Atlanta (ATL) for $102 round-trip in June:
Washington, DC (DCA) to Orlando (MCO) for $124 round-trip in June:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Juan (SJU) for $155 round-trip in May:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Matt Mawson / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That's up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees