This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitzor Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
JetBlue has launched another one of its famous two-day flash sales. This time, the “Fall for it” sale includes tickets to various destinations both internationally and throughout the US. We’re seeing the cheapest one-way fares from $43, and round-trips starting at $86. In order to score a ticket at these discounted fares, you must book by September 21, at 11:59pm ET or local time. Eligible travel dates are between October 1 and December 15, 2018, with blackout dates of October 8, November 7-10, November 16-26, and the sale excludes Friday and Sunday travel.
Note that a few of the dates included as part of this sale are for summer travel time, as well as peak fall dates. We’re seeing plenty of availability throughout much of October and November and into December, with some dates even extending outside of the published sale dates. Because so many cities are part of this sale, it’ll be best to check out JetBlue’s page in order to find out exactly which ones are included. The best way to find availability is to search Google Flights for the routes and dates and then click through to JetBlue’s website to book. Act quick! These fares won’t last long — they’ll be available through Friday only.
Additionally, this is a great time to use JetBlue points since their value is tied to the cost of the ticket — you can score one-way flights from just 2,200 points and $5.60. Chase recently added JetBlue as an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner.
Routes: Domestic and international routes
Cost: $43+ one-way, $86+ round-trip in economy
Dates: October 1 to December 15, 2018 with some blackout dates
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for $43 one-way:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for 2,200 TrueBlue points + $5.60 one-way:
Worcester (ORH) to New York (JFK) for $44 one-way:
St. Croix (STX) to San Juan (SJU) for $46 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Syracuse (SYR) for $48 one-way:
Long Beach (LGB) to San Francisco (SFO) for $86 round-trip:
Washington, DC (IAD) to New York (JFK) for $96 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Portland (PWM) for $108 round-trip:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Kingston (KIN) for $127 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by David Neil Madden / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees